Our Complaints Handling Procedure outlines how we will act in the event that we receive a complaint. It describes the procedures that we will undertake, which is in accordance with the requirements of our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
What is a Complaint?
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral, written or whether justified or not, from or on behalf of an eligible complainant about (Firms name) provision of, or failure to provide a financial service.
We are committed to:
- Listening to you
- Investigating your complaint in a fair way
- Finding out what went wrong
- Putting things right
- Making our services better as a result
All complaints should be referred to:
Mr M Georgiades, Director, Bond Financial Ltd, Salisbury House, 81 High Street, Potters Barr Hertfordshire EN6 5AS Telephone: 01707291200. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A written acknowledgement of the complaint will include:
- Contact details;
- A statement that a written report will follow once the investigation is complete;
- In the case of an oral complaint only, a statement of the firm’s understanding of the nature of the complaint will be confirmed.
If the complaint has not been resolved within 4 weeks of receipt of the complaint, the complainant will be issued with a letter explaining why the complaint has not been resolved and confirmation when further contact will be made.
If the investigation has not been completed after eight weeks from the date the complaint was received, a further letter will be sent explaining:
- why the firm is not in a position to issue a final response
- an indication of when it expects to be able to provide one;
- the complainant may refer their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service and confirming the Financial Ombudsman Service referral time limits;
- encloses a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service explanatory leaflet ; and
- provides the contact details of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Once the investigation is complete a letter will be sent that will provide a summary of the investigation and the decision and if the complaint has been upheld or declined.
- A copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service explanatory leaflet will be provided.
If the complainant is dissatisfied with the outcome of the investigation, and wishes to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (if they’re an eligible complainant), they must do so within six months of the date of the final response letter or they may lose the right to refer the complaint.
The Firm will co-operate with the Financial Ombudsman Service in resolving the complaint.
The Financial Ombudsman Service is free of charge for the complainant.
Where a complaint relates to advice or services provided by another firm
In the event that Bond Financial Ltd receives a complaint where the firm is satisfied that it relates to another firm, we will carry out the following:
- Identify the name of the firm, who we believe are responsible and provide their contact details.
- Write to the firm, enclosing a copy of the original complaint letter / or if an oral complaint our understanding of the complaint, and why we believe they are responsible for dealing with the complaint.
- Write to the complainant, explaining the action taken, enclose a copy of the letter sent to the other firm and invite the client to contact the new firm.